What Was Arsenic Doing in Our Chicken, Anyway?
- It might seem like cause for cheer that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has ordered (September 2013) the withdrawal of most drugs containing arsenic fed to chickens, turkeys and hogs.
- one of the four drugs banned will stay on the market and continue to be fed to turkeys
- Why arsenic was even in animal feed in the first place is fairly shocking, though perhaps not so much given how industrial farms raise much of the food we eat. Since the 1940s, farmers have fed arsenic to animals as a way to promote growth and weight gain with less feed.
- Just as troubling as evidence that trace arsenic might be in the meat we eat is what happens to the toxin once it is passed through as animal waste. Some of the waste is used as fertilizer, or isn’t properly disposed of, leading to arsenic in soil, water and crops.
- Even though the producer now has agreed to pull this toxic feed chemical off the shelves in the United States, it says it won’t necessarily remove it from feed products in other countries unless it is forced by regulators to do so.
多人喜愛的素菜! A most favored entree!
Urbee 2是一款用3D列印製造的燃油效率超高的汽車，它由設計公司KOR Ecologic、直接數位製造商RedEye On Demand以及3D列印製造商Stratsys合作完成的。這是一款三輪7馬力(5 kW)，後輪驅動的環保混合動力車，預計將於2015年上路。駕駛它橫穿美國(美國東西距離約4500公里，和上海到烏魯木齊的距離差不多)，將只用10加侖汽油(約38升)。
“ Urbee 2超过50%都将是3D打印的 ”
Urbee 2 is a highly efficient car made from 3D printing. Driving across USA (4500km) use only 10 gallons petrol (about 38 litre).
” Over 50% of Urbee 2 are made from 3D printing ”
Go veggie to fight global warming, says expert (article here) (here)
大漠駝鈴天山雪 直擊最美西域風 Camel, Snow mountain, Vast desert, Beauties of the West in China: